40 Things to do in Albany
Finding something to do will definitely not be a problem when you are down in the Great Southern. Here is a list of only some of the activities available for you to do in Albany and the surrounding areas.
Havana Villas is an ideal base to explore our sensational region - be sure to allow plenty of time in Albany to explore all there is to do. From nearby walks to day trips, there is just so much to do.
| 1. Get a free map at check-in|
2. Take a stroll down York Street
3. Find "Dog Rock"
4. Visit the Mt Clarence Desert Mounted Corps Memorial
5. Explore the tunnels of the Princess Royal Fortress
6. Hear the sand squeak on Middleton Beach
7. Enjoy the freshest ever fish & chips
8. Go bird watching around Lake Seppings
9. Canoe up the King and Kalgan Rivers
10. Visit the Two Peoples Bay Nature Reserve Interpretive Centre
11. Take the 9km Luke Pen Walk on the Kalgan River
12. Make a reservation for dinner at a local restaurant
13. Explore the Torndirrup Nation Park - the Blow Holes, The Gap, and the Natural Bridge
14. Visit the Albany Wind farm interpretation trail
15. Take in the sensational views from Stoney Hill
16. Try spotting dolphins or schools of salmon at Salmon Holes
17. Visit Whale World for the whaling history of Albany
18. Take a free tour of the Sandalwood Factory
19. Visit Strawberry Hill, the first farm settled in WA
20. See the Porongurup region, only 40km inland
21. Climb Bluff Knoll in the Stirling Range National Park
22. Pack a picnic & take in the beautiful scenery
23. Keen for a round of golf?
24. Call into the Visitor Centre and get a fishing guide
25. Take a scenic flight or paraglide over the coastline
26. Go on a scenci cruise - river or harbour
27. Sample locally distilled spirits
28. Book a tour - farmgate, history or scenery
29. Visit Saturday's Albany Farmers Market and Sunday's ROSS markets
30. Walk Albany's historic Amity Trail Guide
31. Try a beer at Albany's Microbrewery
32. Take the children down to the 'see & touch' gallery at the WA museum
33. Go aboard Albany's historic icon, the Brig Amity
34. Take a candlelit evening tour of the Old Convict Gaol
35. Walk a section of the Bibbulmun Track
36. Hire some bikes and follow the "Go Cycle Albany Map"
37. Visit Albany's very own coffee roasters warehouse
38. Browse through the Albany History Collection at the Albany Public Library
39. Try fresh marron from the marron farm
40. Watch the sunset over the Sand Patch
And that's not all........
- Fantastic clean beaches and safe swimming area
- Great beach fishing, rock fishing plus deep sea fishing charters
- Well-equipped playgrounds
- We are situated right on the paved walk trail that runs from Emu Point to Middleton beach and joins the Boardwalk through to the Albany Port.
- Tennis courts and lawn bowls
- Harbour and/or river cruises
- Whale watching cruises
- Boat ramp and marina
- Wildflower Walks
Plus our guests are welcome at the nearby sportsman's club.
Other Useful Information
Where to Eat
Albany has something for everyone on any budget. Restaurants, Cafes, Take-Away, Pubs & Taverns- you name it.
What to Do
Whether you're a local or a visitor, there's always something to do in Albany and the Great Southern. Click on the above link for a comprehensive list of things to do in the Great Southern region
Things to do with Kids
Keeping the kids occupied is easy with this list of what Albany has to offer. Young and old can enjoy the Great Southern without having to spend a fortune.